Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you?
~~ Veterans Day is honoring the brave men, women, and animals who used their lives to serve and assist our country.
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?
~~ Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu?
~~ Yes, my doctor in dialysis talked me into it. I usually don't want one, I hate shots, even with being use to being stuck with needles 3x a week. If I can turn away a shot, it's good with me. But, yep, he talked me into it.
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are you thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?
~~ In my book, it's too early. Ww have a radio station here in Detroit that starts playing Christmas music on November 1. By the time Christmas rolls around you just get tired of hearing it. Some Christmas music I can listen to year round, The Nutcracker score is one -I love the music from that.
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
~~ Any flying bug that can sting, wasps, bees, yellow jackets. The crawling ones U don't mind -I'm faster than they are!
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?
~~ I do, I don't build much though. The last thing I built was an origami monkey preparing to give to friends for Chinese New Year 2016
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
~~ Sleep, great dreams at night. I also need to include music (rock, classical), great food, and the beauty and wisdom of animals
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~~ Happy Veterans Day to all of our wonderful servicemen, you rock!
~~ Wednesday Hodgepodge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


nice answers.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you will be healed an no longer need dialysis.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about them playing the Christmas music too early. They take away the special feeling of it when they play it for what seems like months on end.
Have a blessed evening!